This Policy provides you with information on how we collect your personal information, how it is used, processed and stored, as well as informing you what your individual data protection and privacy rights are.
Who is responsible for processing my personal Information?
Woods Supplements is the Data Controller who is responsible for the personal information that is collected, processed and stored.
Personal information (or 'personal data') means any information that can personally identify you, such as your name, address and contact details.
What personal information do you collect about me?
Please rest reassured that we only collect information that is necessary to provide our products and services, as described in this policy.
- Like many retailers, we collect your name, address, email address, telephone number and your order details when you shop by phone, post, online.
- When you browse our website, we gather information about the pages you visit. This includes technical information such as your IP address, browser type and cookie information (unless you have disabled cookies on your device).
How do you collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you, for example through our order forms and through conversations we have with you.
Why do you need my personal information?
We collect and use your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
When you place an order
- To process and deliver your order
- To communicate with you, for example, to provide delivery updates
On our website
- To personalise and improve your online shopping experience, making your future website visits easy, enjoyable and secure
For other purposes
- To provide reports to our regulatory authority or law enforcement agencies
- To send you special offers and promotions on products and services we think will be of interest to you
- To create an understanding of your interests and preferences so that we can tailor special offers and promotions that we send to you
Note that if you do not provide us with certain information this may affect the service we are able to provide to you. For example, we require your personal information to be able to deliver the goods you have ordered.
What legal basis do you have to process my personal information in this way?
We rely upon different legal and legitimate interest bases to process your personal information depending on the reason for which we have collected or obtained it:
- For administrative purposes, when you have made an order (whether through our catalogue, by telephone or online) for example to process payments, deliver your order, make collections
- We process your contact information and shopping habits so that we can provide to you our products, service and special offers that we feel you may be interested in
- To provide the necessary reports to our regulatory authority or law enforcement agencies
Where do you store my personal information?
The personal information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Where is my personal information processed?
How long do you keep my information for?
We have robust data retention and deletion procedures in place. How long we keep your personal information will depend on the purposes for which we process it.
Can I see what information you hold about me?
Yes, if you would like to. You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and is known as the ‘right of access’. You can make the request by phone, email or by writing to us – see How to contact us section for further information.
What other data protection rights do I have?
Right to rectify
We want to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to update your personal information if you think it is out of date or inaccurate.
Right to be forgotten
In certain circumstances you can ask for the information we hold on you to be deleted however should there be a legal or contractual obligation to hold your personal details we may not be able to carry out your request however we will explain this fully to you.
Right to restriction of processing
You can ask us to limit how we use your details in certain circumstances. For example, if you have challenged the accuracy of your personal details, you can request that we do not use it until it has been rectified.
Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. These include where processing is based upon our legitimate interests and where we process your personal information or undertake profiling for direct marketing purposes.
Right to data portability
You have this right if we process your personal information by automated means and processing is based upon consent or performance of a contract. In such cases you can obtain the information we hold on you and reuse it for your own purposes, including to move, copy or transfer your personal information to another controller. Note that the information you can access under the right to data portability is different from the right of access.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, or have any queries in relation to them, you can make the request by phone, email or by writing to us – see How to contact us section for further information. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and always within statutory timeframes. Note that it may be necessary for us to contact you to verify your identity before we can deal with your request.
Can I choose how to be contacted by Woods Supplements?
Yes of course. You can choose how you want to be contacted by us, whether by post, telephone or email. If you do not wish to receive our mailings you can opt out at any time by changing your preferences on your order form, via the telephone or email. We print up to eight weeks in advance, so it may take up to this time for you to stop receiving mailings if you decide to opt out. When we take your details including your email address, you have the opportunity to opt out of receiving email marketing messages from us. However, you can unsubscribe from our email list at any point simply by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your email.
Do you share my personal information with other companies?
There are some circumstances where we may share your name, address and email address with others. We do this when it is necessary to fulfil our legitimate interests of upholding customer service, better understanding our customer base and keeping you informed of offers and promotions that we believe you may be interested in.
- On this basis, your personal information may be shared with:
- Companies who provide services to you on our behalf, like delivery companies
- Our sister brands who may contact you about their products
- Research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services
- Members of the information sharing alliances that we work with, Epsilon Abacus Alliance, Sub2 and Experian, who may contact you by post with information about products or services you may be interested in.
Data alliances bring together customer information from across their members, including information about order history and shopping habits. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. This means that members can better understand buying patterns and helps us to tailor offers to customers and prospective customers who we believe would be genuinely interested in what we have to offer.
We may have obtained your contact details from the data alliances that we work with if you are a customer of one of their members. This should have been explained to you before your contact details were shared.
We will never share your email address for the purposes of enabling another business to market to you.
I’m not a Woods Supplements customer, how did you find my details?
We obtain information from the data sharing alliances that we work with, as detailed in the section ‘Do you share my details with other companies’.
What are cookies?
Computer cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your computer. Cookies cannot harm your computer and are anonymous. They do not contain any information that could be used to identify you, nor do they contain any confidential information such as your email address or credit card details. Using 'cookies' helps us to make our website easier for you to use and helps us to give you a more personalised web experience, such as enabling us to present information about products and promotions which we believe will be of interest to you. We may also use 3rd party cookies to track the effectiveness of our online advertising and our email marketing campaigns.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is anonymous and secure. It cannot be used to identify you personally and cannot harm your computer.
Can I switch cookies off?
Our use of advertisements
You may see adverts for Woods Supplements products on other websites that you visit. We allow other business partners to serve these advertisements on our behalf. All banners of this type feature an "i" icon that provides more information from each advertising network and instructions on how to opt out. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us regarding your personal data, as detailed in this policy, or wish to amend your contact preferences, then simply get in touch using one of the following options:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us with your query at: Data Protection Officer, Woods Supplements, 17B Farnham Street, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand.
- Call us on 0333 030 7080